/ Prince Charles of Wales visits battered Caribbean Islands - Peepirit
         

Prince Charles of Wales visits battered Caribbean Islands

Where is Princess Diana
by Angeleyes Joseph

Prince Charles of Wales meets with Dominicans
 2 months after the destruction of Hurricane maria.
Every time I hear of the royal family the fateful morning of  4:00 eastern Caribbean time comes to mind when my sister worked me up telling me that Princess Diana had died.  I remember telling her it's not real, it must be a movie.  When she died and my elder sister said it was a car crash. I don't know why but this is the memory that rushed through my mind when I first heard of the prince of Wales visit to Antigua and Barbuda the British Virgin Islands and Dominica. These three islands have one thing in common they were and in some cases ruled by the British monarch. Prince Charles' visit which I, as a Dominican whose property varnished in the hurricane and who almost drowned in hurricane Harvey weeks earlier did not feel any special with the news but hope that his visit will encourage his people and government to bring in the necessary financial and construction assistance needed to bring Dominica back on its feet. This is the big question that seems to plague our minds, will our Prime Minister be able to make the necessary representation for us knowing his past history with Hugo Chavez who attempted to fight the queen on the British territories of South America known as the Falking islands.  I remember writing to the CARICOM Secretary  General who is also a Dominican and never responded but I do have an email from the British embassy in Bridgetown who acknowledged my letter and my concern of the Prime Minister and his interference in the matter knowing fully the majority of Dominicans still attached to Bird island  which is currently in our waters.
Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment